Yay!! So happy to see that Ten on Tuesday is still going!! Hosted by the always lovely Chelsea, this weeks questions are from Tina at Best of Times, who was Chelsea’s high school journalism teacher and now is now her friend! How cool is that? So, on with this weeks questions!
1. Ikea: over-hyped and confusing or genius furniture company?
I have NEVER been to an Ikae store (shocking, I know) so I don’t really understand it. Don’t you have to put stuff together after you buy it? Because if you do, I’m all 0ver that! I LOVE putting stuff together!
2. Your favorite interior-decorator-type person wants to makeover one room in your house. Which room do you choose and why?
If I owned a house, it would definitely be THE KITCHEN. We live in an apartment now and there is just not enough space. It kind of sucks.
3. Describe the furniture in your childhood bedroom. Did you like it? Where is that furniture now?
Hmmmm…this one is tough because I had a few childhood bedrooms. The first one, I shared with my sister. We had two beds and two bureaus to hold our clothes. I have no idea where that stuff is anymore. When me moved back to The States (a.k.a. Oklahoma), I got to pick out my own bedroom set. Being a girl, I opted for a white bedroom set. Again, have no idea where that stuff is now. When we moved back to Louisiana, my parents gave me their old bedroom set and bought a new one for themselves. Then, in college, my mother talked me into buying a huge bedroom set that I really didn’t like (and still don’t). I gave my old bedroom set to my Nanny (or godmother, for those of your who don’t know what a Nanny is or aren’t from the South). I still have the dresser, the night stand and the bureau thing (I use it as a TV stand lol). The bed was broken by an ex-boyfriend when he jumped on it (sorry, no kinky story there). I really want something more streamline and not so bulky.
4. When you’re done with furniture, what do you do with it? Donate it to Goodwill OR Sell it on Craigslist OR Put it by the curb and hope the trash guys take it?
If it can sell, to Craigslist it goes. If it doesn’t sell, I ask around if anyone needs whatever I am getting rid of. Last stop is Goodwill. Gotta make money where I can, ya know?
5. My Pinterest furniture style could best be described as
so random and varied it’s undefinable
I think my style is so random and varied it’s undefinable. I’m like a mash-up of all the things.
6. Name the most important furniture/toy in a toddler’s playroom. And why?
I don’t have a toddler so I’m don’t know what a good answer is. I would probably say a rocking chair and storage.
7. Your parents (or grandparents or other relative) are giving away all their furniture. Which piece do you really want?
My dad’s recliner. It’s big and comfy and it’s my dad. My mom’s curio cabinet. It’s where she holds all her Precious Moments she had received over the years. I wish I could have gotten my Maw-Maw Tooties (yeah, you read that right- she’s my mom’s mom and no longer with us) dining room table. That table was huge and beautiful, and my sister and I spent many a summer afternoon coloring at that table. Love is what it is.
8. Your biggest furniture buying or home decorating regret?
My biggest furniture buy and decorating regret is simple: that damn bedroom set my mom talked me into buying. It’s so big and bulky and heavy as hell to move.
9. $1000 gift card! Do you want it to Ethan Allen, Ikea, Pottery Barn Kids?
Probably Ikea. I love putting stuff together, and I hear it’s not that expensive.
10. Bunk beds, loft beds, trundle beds, or canopy beds?
I enjoyed bunk beds when I was younger. I always wanted a trundle bed.